Saturday, May 5, 2012

Miracles everywhere!

Well, my 31st birthday came and went and I can honestly say it was probably the most relaxing birthday I have ever had. No fuss over what to do or how to celebrate. Just fun time spent with family. Davis woke up that morning with strep throat which you may think sounds awful, but when that means constant love and snuggles from one of the sweetest little boys I know, it made for an even better birthday. Thankfully, he is feeling much better now and I might should mention is attempting to potty training himself. He has only had about 4 accidents in the past week and one night even slept in underwear (because Daddy forgot to switch him to a diaper, oops!), but no worries because he was dry in the morning and got up and used the potty all by himself!!
I wanted to take a minute this morning to let you all know that truly miracles do happen! I have had the most uplifting few months and in this world filled with so much heart ache and pain, I wanted to take the time to share these wonderful miracles with all of you. I have been praying for some people I know for a couple of years and recently they have turned back to the Lord and truly turned their lives around. I can honestly say, I didn't think this was possible. I had given up hope in a lot of ways, but the Lord had His own timing and it is amazing to watch. I also have been praying about our house for a year and a half. As I told you, we have a contract on it which so far seems will go through. The inspection went well Tuesday and the appraisal seemed good to go yesterday. It looks like the Lord is leading us to rent a house so I will continue to pray for his guidance as to where He wants us to be while we look for our permanent home, but I know He will show us. Lastly, I have been dreading potty training Davis like the black plague. I have worried and angst-ed over it, even though I know I shouldn't have. Well, I am sure God is getting a good ole laugh because Davis just decided last Wednesday to be a "big boy" and relatively speaking it has been a pretty easy transition so far. Keeping my fingers crossed for when the "newness" rubs off.  I am truly humbled and amazed as always though by the Lord and His blessings!
Wanted to share a funny story with you that happened a couple of weeks ago as well. On my way to BSF I was talking to my mom having a mother/daughter vent session as I like to call them. I pretty much was going off about the house situation and being tired of waiting and just that I was ready to see some answers to all my pleadings with God. I walked in, and was not shocked to find that the lecture was on James 3-5 which in a nutshell talks about taming the tongue and the importance of patience. Our first principle was the most eye opening of all...
"How I talk to others reveals my relationship with God."
Wowzers! If we really stop and think about that, I think we might all have some adjusting to do, but I sure as heck know I do! She asked the question, "How are the people around us being affected by the way we talk?"
She also gave these awesome points on how a true friend of God lives:
1. submitting to God daily
2. resisting the devil - life is a battlefield
3. seeks God with passion - desires to communicate with the Lord
4. wants to pursue what is good and put to death the bad
5. treats God seriously knowing that God hates sin
6. trusts God completely - if we humble ourselves, He will work in us!
The last principle we learned that day was "Patience and prayer are necessary for spiritual growth!"
This was one of those days where I just knew God had sent that message for me that day to open my eyes and refocus my heart. I really do feel like this next month is going to be emotionally and physically draining but it is my choice to make it spiritually filling and that is what I am going to attempt to do! Happy weekend!

1 comment:

  1. Very encouraging, thanks for sharing, and congrats on the house, I hope all will go through smoothly!
    Love Summer

    ReplyDelete