Sunday, May 20, 2012

Highlights

During all the stress of deciding where to go on moving day, we have gotten to enjoy some highlight moments. Today is my little brother's highschool graduation!! Where has the time gone! It really does feel a little surreal, but I am so excited to see him grow up and become the man God created him to be. Last week was Grady's preschool "graduation" program and it was too cute. He has been so blessed this year to have our family friend as his teacher. He will miss Isle of Hope next year but is looking forward to being an SCPS Raider like his mama and Uncle William!!
 Grady walking in and sitting with his adorable little friends!!

The boys sang the famous "Peanut Butter & Jelly" song and this was them chewing! Hilarious!
Grady and Mrs. Powers :)
 The next day, Davis had his mothers day program and it was absolutely precious. His little buddy from church is also in his class. It was fun to watch them sing their songs. Davis sang Old McDonald to all the moms solo style before the program even started, and at the end, let's just say his focus had moved on to the cookies we were having as a snack instead of the music. As I sat and watched him, I realized how much we had both grown over the past year. He has gained so much self confidence, sleeps in a big boy bed, wears big boy underwear and absolutely loves carrying on conversations with adults. I on the other hand have stopped trying to fit him into my mold and learned to love him for EXACTLY who he is, quirks and all! I just finished a book about a boy with sensory processing disorder who when he was 16 had a skateboarding accident and suffered a traumatic brain injury. This quote is form his mother who grew so much through his miraculous recovery.
"Motherhood is about raising - and celebrating - the child you have, not the child you thought you would have. It's about understanding that he is exactly the person he is supposed to be. And that, if you're lucky, he just might be the teacher who turns you into the person you are supposed to be."
I feel so grateful for Davis and all that we have gone through and will go through because he truly is the greatest teacher I could have ever asked for and I thank God for giving him to me and supplying me daily with the strength and patience I need to raise him!
Davis and his buddy during the program
Davis and Mommy
 Enjoy your Sunday!

No comments:

Post a Comment