Thursday, May 24, 2012

His Grace is Sufficient!

In my devotional Jesus Lives by Sarah Young I read this amazing word of encouragement.
"My grace is sufficient for you, but it's sufficiency is for one day at a time...Your mind so easily slips into the future, where worries abound...meanwhile, splendors of the present moment parade before you and you don't even notice...My presence is with you always, providing everything you need. So don't worry about tomorrow's needs. My sufficiency is for a day at a time - today!"

I think this can be so hard to remember when tough, uncertain times hit, but it is an eternal promise that Christians can and really must cling to. God brings us to points of utter surrender in order to draw us to Him and ultimately to bring glory to Himself. When we hit "rock bottom," and receive the blessing of God Himself picking us up to our feet, we are then able to share that with others and God is glorified. It is truly an amazing thing to watch and even more to experience it yourself.
I went to the doctor Tuesday to check on little Gwyn and it turned into quite the drama. I'm starting to think little girls are dramatic literally from conception. :) After having an ultrasound and seeing her adorable little face, chubby cheeks and precious lips, I had to get on the monitor for 45 minutes to make sure her little heartbeat was bouncing around as it should and praise the Lord, it was. I had 4 contractions during that time though and for 29 weeks, that concerned my doctor since I have NEVER had contractions before my due date with both boys. Long story short, the test for preterm labor was negative, another HUGE praise, BUT he did say I need to try and take it easy some. I laughed at the prospect but was amazed when he said, "It's a good thing you are moving somewhere that is furnished because otherwise I would tell you that you cannot unpack at this point." Sends chills down my back to know that God already knew this would all happen and found us the perfect little relaxing place to live while Gwyn finishes growing. God truly is an awesome God! 
I am praying for so many around me right now who are hurting or feeling like they just can't take one more thing on their overflowing plate that they call life. I know beyond a shadow of a doubt that God will meet them in the darkest of times and bring light back into their life and for that I am so grateful!

"What if your blessings come through raindrops, what if your healing comes through tears. What if a thousand sleepless nights are what it takes to know you're near. What if trials of this life are Your mercies in disguise?"

Laura Story's "Blessings"

1 comment:

  1. I know I'm behind on reading your blog...I'm gonna get caught up today :) Anways...I LOVE that song!

    ReplyDelete