Sunday, July 31, 2011

Relishing water in more ways than one...

Well, we are home and I will have lots to share over the next week or so but I thought I would post a quick note about our amazing week. We truly had an great trip and are so grateful for the opportunity to go and refresh ourselves in such a beautiful place. The boys had so much fun seeing water falls, swimming right out our back door and enjoying the fun of vacation schedules. We started out the week at "boat church." If you look really hard, you can see a blue top on a pontoon boat on the right. That's where the preacher and choir sits. Pretty cool huh? You can hear them all over that part of the lake. Everyone just floats around and listens to the sermon and sings together.

Grady learned to kayak by himself and Davis enjoyed riding along with him.

I had a blast skiing which is my all time favorite water thing to do. I slalomed some and also taught myself to wake board. Woohoo! It was scary but really fun.





Davis went tubing for the first time and loved it. His Daddy was having fun too!

I mentioned in my title "relishing water." Well, we had a few days without water in the house which made for a very interesting vacation but we made do with some lake baths. Suffice it to say, I'm thankful to be back home with plenty of water and lots of water pressure!

The boys kept us on our toes as usual but boy did they give us some good laughs!

My dad's brother John, his wife Jahn and three kiddos came up for most of the week and we had a great time being together. Uncle John helped Grady catch his very first fish! It was a big moment.




Grady had a blast with my little brother and two of his friends that came along. So many pictures and so many memories. Can't wait to make my Shutterfly book!!
Me and my little brother :)
John Carson, Matthew, Conner, William
Aunt Jahn, Sarah Helen, and Me
More to come soon!
Have a great week!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment