Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Control

 In or out that's the question! In my devotional this morning it said, "You will never be in control of your life circumstances, but you can relax and trust in God's control." That is reassuring, yet very difficult to actually do, at least for me it is. Our house inspection is Thursday and then we should have a more definite feeling on whether this move is really going to happen. If so, then we will have less than 4 weeks to pack and move somewhere. The devotional went on to say, "God is always doing something new within His beloved ones. Be on the lookout for all that He has prepared for you." I am really clinging to this right now because strangely God is giving me a peace to know that if He would sell our house, then He has a plan. I of course want to know right now, but sometimes in order to enjoy the ride, we have to just let go a little. I'll keep ya posted!
Summer in Savannah is hot but still such a beautiful time.  Boating is one of our family's favorite summer activities. When I am on the water, I am always in awe of God's glorious painting laid out for us to enjoy. After lots of lovely repairs, we were finally able to go out on the boat the other day with Bena and Papa. Thought you would enjoy some pics. If you have never visited Savannah it really is a must see! God gave us some extra special paint strokes that are too amazing to miss!

Helping Daddy with the anchor

 Davis loves to drive



 Papa thought he might go crabbing with some cute bait





                                       Mama and her cheesy boy!

1 comment:

  1. Thank you Elizabeth! I'm going through some very, very difficult times right now and I needed to know that even though I want to be IN control, I'm not. That is hard pill to swallow, especially for a control freak like me. I just pray I can handle whatever God has in store for me. You guys look great and the kids are so cute. Good luck with everything!!!!!

    ReplyDelete