Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Exodus

Well, I'm slowly but surely trudging along in my Bible reading expedition. Exodus is truly amazing to me because I am a details person and pretty much it doesn't get more detailed than this. God tells Moses to set up government, he gives exact plans for the Tabernacle and then even provides men with the exact skills they need to implement his plans. ABSOLUTELY AWESOME!
I was thinking about all the details and how much I wish God would send me some details! Wouldn't it be nice if God would just tell us exactly what He wants us to do??? I would love it. The thing is though, if that was the case, we wouldn't have to live each day seeking his face because we would already know his plans. I believe that by waking up and thinking, "What does the Lord want for me today?", it completely changes our perspective and of course draws us closer to Him. A few Sundays ago, my minister preached a wonderful sermon on what it really means to be saved and eternally secure. He was preaching out of 1 John 3:1-10. He laid out all his points really well and made it clear by using scripture and examples. He spoke about the #1 thing we should see in the life of a Christian. It is HOPE. Once we ask Jesus into our heart and start to form that personal relationship, the Holy Spirit comes to dwell inside us. With it, comes the free gift of hope through all circumstances. That was a humbling thing to hear because sometimes hope is very hard to hold on to in this crazy world we live in. I was yet again reminded of God's sovereign plan and that if we are truly focussed on our Heavenly future, hope should never falter.

Here are a few pics of the boys from last week playing in the sprinklers in the backyard. Summer is here and boy do we love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment