Saturday, May 21, 2011

Quiet

Well, sorry it's been a quiet week on the blog. Trust me, it has not been a quiet week around here! Summer is officialy here in the Witherington household. Sunday was Grady's end of the year choir performance at church. He had a blast up there and sang his heart out.
"Why oh why do we praise the Lord? Cause it says so in His word!" (bottom row, right corner in yellow)
Then Tuesday was his last day of school with his little 3 year old class and his teachers, Mrs. Gonto and Mrs. Phillips. I was able to go and help with the party and they all really had a great time.

Davis had his first speech therapy session Thursday and it went great. God truly is amazing in all things. Krista goes to our church and just so happens to be a speech therapist. Her son, Jack, the little boy in blue above, is one of Grady's good buddies from school and church. It was so cool to see her work with Davis and see how proud of himself he was when he was able to say words correctly. Truly a special moment. She will come once a week from now on.
Friday we had a relaxing morning and then jumped from one activity to another, but I thought you would enjoy Davis' morning stance!
Lastly, I will leave you with this. I was reading a blog feed the other day that I get via email and it really spoke to me so I thought I would share:

People do not drift toward Holiness.
Apart from grace-driven effort, people do not gravitate toward godliness, prayer, obedience to Scripture, faith, and delight in the Lord.
We drift toward compromise and call it tolerance; we drift toward disobedience and call it freedom. We cherish the indiscipline of lost self-control and call it relaxation.
(For the Love of God, Volume 2, paragraphing mine, by D.A. Carson)
I pray that we would strive for Holiness each day, even though it is going against the flow. I know that is what our Creator would want. Love to you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment