Monday, June 20, 2011

He is in ALL the details!

Well, little did I know that when I asked Allison over at Bridge Work Blog Designs to add a tab called Weekly Adventures to my blog, that I would get one heck of an adventure to blog about! I took the boys to Columbia, SC on Tuesday to visit Allison, aka Watt as I like to call her, and we had a really great time! I have known Allison since the 7th grade and whenever we get together it's like we have never missed a day together. She is so much fun and always brings a fresh breath of air to me. It is so cool to me that the Lord has blessed both of us with two precious little boys (one of hers is still in her tummy till October). Anyway, we went to the pool on Tuesday afternoon and let our little men clown around...
Precious boys!






Davis, Grady and London splish splashin' around









Really loving their snack
Cheesy boys!

On Wednesday, we headed to the Children's Museum. This was our second visit and it was a blast. There is so much to see and do.
                                                            Future Firemen...

                                       and Farmers!






Davis couldn't resist throwing one awesome temper tantrum
My little men
Cutest construction workers I've ever seen!
We came home, had some lunch and then the little guys went down for a nap and me, Allison, and Grady had just settled in for some relaxation when Grady decided to get into a scuffle with one of Watt's dogs. He was hugging her head and she got nervous and nipped at his chin, which would have been no big deal, but unfortunately she threw a left hook in there with her paw!
Long, long, long day and story short...we ended up at the Pediatric ER and Grady got 7 stitches with no help other than some Novocaine shots. He truly was a trooper and was very excited to know that his daddy had been bitten by a dog when he was little and had stitches too! Aaaah boys, you gotta love em!!
Here he is with his cool pirate hat, new stitches, the bear that the hospital gave him and a popsicle. Life is good!
The greatest part of all of it to me is to reflect back and see how the Holy Spirit was at work throughout the whole ordeal. I was able to stay calm and collected, find places in a city where I had never been, endure the rudest surgeon I have ever met and not bite his head off, and watch my baby scream bloody murder while getting shots in his cheek. These are all things that are just plainly NOT ME! I am telling you right now that the Holy Spirit was working in me that day and giving me a peace and a calm that I normally would NEVER have. I feel so blessed to have experienced this whole thing because yet again, God has shown me, He is in ALL the details and will lift you up when you need it!

"Give thanks to the LORD, for he is good; his love endures forever." 1 Chronicles 16:34

1 comment: