Thursday, April 28, 2011

Timing is Everything

"There is a time for every purpose under Heaven...a time to keep silent and a time to speak." (Eccles 3:1,7)
I was reading a book I found in the back of an old bedside table called The Power of a Praying Wife by Stormie Omartian and came across a section called "Shut Up and Pray." I was immediately sucked in. Her basic point was that "there are things that are better left unsaid!" She went on to say "sometimes anything we say will only hinder the flow of what God wants to do, so it's best to, well, shut up and pray." I think this is so true not just with your spouse but with friends, coworkers, extended family and children too. Proverbs 29:11 says, "A fool vents all of his feelings, but a wise man holds them back." I think this can be so difficult at times when we feel angry, anxious, hurt or disappointed. However, I was reminded that God intends we "not be quick with (our) mouths, and not be hasty in (our) hearts to utter anything before (Him)." (Eccles 5:2) This is so important in life and as more time passes, thankfully this is coming a little easier for me. Now notice I said a "little" easier. This definitely does not come naturally to most humans but when we find ourselves upset and overwhelmed, if we immediately take it to the Lord in prayer, within no time at all, some strange kind of relief does come. My devotional the other day said, "Let (God) control your mind. The mind is the most restless, unruly part of mankind." I pray that we all will learn to think and talk things through with our Heavenly Father before striking with our tongues at those who we are commanded to love here on Earth. Remember God's timing is everything and sometimes we just need to wait and pray QUIETLY! :)

Now back to my recap of last week: Day 3 - Sunday April 17th
Well, just wanted everyone to witness the fact that boys, as insane, unpredictable and wild as they can be, are also going to be daddies someday! These are the bears Mimi (Chris' mom) gave them for Valentine's Day. They told me they were feeding them and putting them to bed. It truly touched my heart. This is a rare site for this boy mama!!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment