Saturday, April 2, 2011

Turning Two

Today is my Davis’ second birthday! It’s funny because a friend asked me the other day if it seemed like it had been 2 years or had it seemed like it had just flown by. I was blessed with the gift of having a sibling 13 years younger than me and have seen how quickly the time really does pass, so I have been able to really savor each day with my boys. Honestly, I feel like Davis has been around forever. He is such a wonderful part of our family. He is so sweet and has an infectious smile and giggle. His beautiful blue eyes slay you the minute you see him. I feel so honored to be his mom, and boy do I know he is going to take me on quite a journey before this is all over, but it will be worth every second. If someone asked me what Davis’ favorite thing was, I would without a doubt respond, “GRADY!” He is obsessed with his big brother, and unfortunately, most of the time thinks he can do anything Grady can do. Grady is pretty coordinated so seeing Davis try to mimic him can be highly entertaining. For example, at the park on Sunday, Grady was running around the wood that lines the playground like a balance beam. Well, Davis got the wild idea to copy and a few minutes later was sprawled out on the ground. The best part is, he is one tough cookie, so he just brushes it off and goes right back at it. Chris and I could not stop laughing. He is just like a little goofball and we love him so much! He loves his choo choo yuggie(aka lovey), playing with trains, watching airplanes in the sky, driving the John Deere, vacuuming, and most of all EATING! :) He can be quite a flirt and definitely knows how to throw a good fit. He is a 36 lb ball of energy but it is energy that truly is amazing. Thank you Lord for the precious gift that Chris and I have in him. We will enjoy each moment we are given, even the crazy ones! 
Here are some of my favorite Davis pictures!
From birth, he has adored Grady!
One of his first real smiles!

Precious
 3 months old!! Look at those eyes! Thanks to Sarah Buck Photography!
 Mommy & Davis at High Hampton Inn
 6 months!
 9 months
Let the flirting begin!
1 year! This is my favorite picture ever taken of him!
Summer splashin' in the backyard
Flirting at the Greek Festival
Gorgeous spider eyes!

I absolutely love this picture of them! Davis looks so much like his daddy!

At Grady's 4th birthday party
I took this just last week at the park! I can't believe my baby is soooo big.

No comments:

Post a Comment