Friday, March 25, 2011

Isle of Hope's Queen



Now honestly have you ever seen a cuter face that that? That's my precious baby Hopie girl. Chris gave her to me for Valentine's day in 2003. My roommates both graduated in December, and knowing what a scaredy cat I am, Chris though a puppy would be the perfect mate for me. Boy was he right!! She instantly won me over and was spoiled rotten!!
She was definitely more high maintenance than either one of my human children, but with dogs, it's how much time you spend with them that makes a HUGE difference. She and I were pretty much inseparable when she was little and it definitely paid off. She has always had a thing for stuffed animals. She gets one for Christmas each year and won't put it down for at least two days.


She went through a weaponry phase for a while, but thank goodness that passed!


 She loves to sleep on her back and all sprawled out just like the Queen that she is...

 After graduating, I moved back to Savannah and Hope and I got an apartment.  It wasn't long before I noticed she was wincing in pain when she got off the couch and one day she laid down in the middle of the road on our walk. She looked up at me like, "If you want me to get home, then your butt will be carrying mine!" I took her to the vet and discovered she had hip displasia. Very common in large breed dogs but luckily we caught hers very early. When she was nine months old she had metal plates put in both hips. It cost me my life savings, $4000 and no that isn't a type FOUR THOUSAND dollars! It was worth every penny though, thank the Lord. Here is a picture of her at Chrismas. She had just come back home. She stayed at the vet for 8 weeks getting therapy after her surgery. See that duck tape on the floor? Oh yeah, i ducktaped rug gripper onto my floor so she could walk without me holding her behind up with a bathrobe tie! Can you tell this was pre-children? :)
 Well, I'm sure some of you now think I am completely certifiably NUTSO but truly I view her as such a blessing in my life. God has used her to provide comfort, companionship and laughs. She is so sweet with my boys and loves nothing more than just to be in the same room with all of us. Here are some pictures of her with the boys.
Here are a few that prove to you she truly believes she is human! Yes that is a silk pillow that she has her head on FYI!

 I will leave you with a video I took this morning of her playing tug of war with Davis. She sure sounds vicious but she wouldn't hurt a fly, well unless that fly was trying to hurt one of us! :)


Good Night!
Love,
Elizabeth

No comments:

Post a Comment