Thursday, March 17, 2011

Abundant Life


Okay so you read the title and your thinking, “Zippity do dah, zippity A, my oh my what a wonderful day,” or maybe that’s just me. J Anyway, there are so many “definitions” of this phrase Abundant Life. We as Americans have put quite a fancy spin on those two little words. My devotional yesterday left me in wonder. It said, “Abundant life is not necessarily health and wealth; it is living in continual dependence on God. Instead of trying to fit this day into a preconceived mold, relax and be on the lookout for what He is doing.” Having an Abundant Life really is about where our focus is. You see if we are focused on the creator through good times and bad, and looking to Him for guidance and strength, we will have an Abundant Life. What we focus on is our choice, and this can be a real place of struggle for me most days.
Today was an amazingly abundant day in my life. Now most of you may or may not know that I am NOT a St. Patrick’s Day fan, but today I chose to focus on the positive and boy did it change the day. My sweet husband woke up at 4:30AM to get us a great spot on the parade route. My mom offered to keep Davis who would have been more than bored by the whole scene. My dad rode with Grady and me and found us a great parking spot. My friends were there with their precious children. The weather was gorgeous. We all got home safely. I got to go on a fun afternoon run at Lake Mayer and the night ended with a golf cart ride on Isle of Hope lit by the full moon. Now my day was not perfect, but we can change the way we look at our day by changing our focus.
Thank you Lord for a wonderful St. Patrick’s Day!
Love,
Elizabeth

Thought you might enjoy some pictures!

Davis looked so cute in his shamrock shirt even though he didn't get to sport it downtown!

 
Grady loved watching the parade with Papa

Some of my besties! We missed you Fef!

 1st St. Patrick's Day for these precious babies. Thank you God for these gifts!

 
Grady and Lilly Gayle hamming it up for the camera


I think this is my favorite picture from the whole day. Aunt Julia and Stella absolutely loving their day at the parade!

1 comment:

  1. What a great out look!! I really need to start doing that a little bit more in my day to day life. I am loving reading your blog little missy!! Super cute pictures but I wish I could have joined ya on St Patties day, maybe next year!

    ReplyDelete