Sunday, March 27, 2011

Gratitude

"Gratitude enables you to see the Light of God' presence shining on all your circumstances." - Sarah Young, Jesus Calling

Today is mine and Chris' 7th wedding anniversary. I think gratitude is the best word to describe how I feel about the seven years we have had together. The first time I ever laid eyes on Chris, I truly thought he was the hottest man on the planet! Once I got know him and saw that his heart was so genuinely kind and caring, I knew I wanted to spend my life with him. I am so grateful to the Lord for bringing us into each others lives and to Chris for choosing me.We have been through a lot in our seven years: weddings, births of our sons, deaths of loved ones, job change, disappointments, traveling to China, lots and lots of fun vacations, but most of all, we have been blown away by God's blessings that He has showered on us.
Marriage is "a marathon, not a sprint," as Chris would say. We really are the epitome of "opposites attracting," but thankfully our core is the same. We desire to love God with all our hearts! In the book Love and Respect by Dr. Emerson Eggerichs, he talks about Ephesians 5:33 being the "secret" to marriage. "Each one of you also must love his wife as he loves himself, and the wife must respect her husband." There are no "what ifs" or "buts" or "conditions" in there, just a simple black and white command. He says "love is not a feeling, it's a choice, a commitment." I am thankful for a spouse that believes in those commands. I pray that we will have many more years together to grow in Christ and share in the lives of our two precious sons. Here are some of my favorite pictures taken by Christine Hall Photography. I was so happy I couldn't wipe that cheesy grin off my face!
I love you Chris all the way and forever~


1 comment:

  1. I love your blog!! SO cute! and this post was so sweet that it almost made me cry. Happy Anniversary to my sweet cousins! I love and miss you so much!

    ReplyDelete