Monday, March 14, 2011

Blog World


Well, here I am in blog world, a place I thought I would never be! I have two great friends, Allison and Ashley, who I have known most of my life, and they just so happen to own blog design businesses. My boys and I recently went to visit Allison for her 30th birthday. While we were up reminiscing and chatting away, she said I should start a blog. I completely wrote her off at first but then there I was lying in bed and the name just popped into my head..... 

What’s the Point? 
You see; God has taken me on quite a journey over the past year. Lots of things have changed, lets just say my “glass house” was smashed to smithereens, but through it all my faith has been tested and boy has it grown. I want to truly understand what God’s point is for my life and I definitely don’t want to miss it! I want to share with others this crazy journey I am on and the amazing things that God can do if you just let him. I hope to keep you laughing and looking towards our Father who each day brings me to my knees to grow just a little bit more!

The other morning on my way to the gym (my haven from 6AM to 7:15), I was thanking God for a new day and praising Him for His grace that each day is poured out on us and gives us a fresh start. I don't know about you, but most days I need a fresh start! I was asking Him to help me stay focused on just today so that no thoughts of the future would worry me or cause me to get into “debbie downer” mode. I went home after a good sweat and sat down with my luscious cup of coffee to read my devotional. This is a habit that I only began about 5 months ago, but boy does it start the day off great. My devotional is the most amazing one I have ever read. It is called Jesus Calling by Sarah Young. I opened it and here is what it said; “As your circumstances consume more and more of your attention, you are losing sight of Me. Yet I am with you always, holding you by your right hand (Psalm 73:23). I am fully aware of your situation, and I will not allow you to be tempted beyond what you are able to bear (1 Corin 10:13). Your gravest danger is worrying about tomorrow. If you try to carry tomorrow’s burdens today, you will stagger under the load and eventually fall flat. You must discipline yourself to live within the boundaries of today.”
WOW is all I can say! Guess God was listening huh? What an answer was that? I was amazed that the God of our universe had taken the time to show me He was listening. Sometimes life can get so busy that we forget to stop and listen for God. Thanks so much for joining me on this journey. I’m sure it will be quite a ride!

2 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you decided to start the blog! I can't wait to read it, so you better keep it up! Love you!

    ReplyDelete