Sunday, March 20, 2011

Cousins

Friday, my nephew Tate came over for the day. He and Grady are only 6 months apart. They had a blast driving the power wheels, playing the Wii, pretending pirates, and showing off their muscles!
It reminded me of two of my favorite people. Avant and Justin are my only two cousins on my mom's side of the family. They grew up on my grandmother's farm in Guyton, so we were together a lot. Now remember, I was an only child until I was 13, so I cherished these boys that flanked each side of me. Avant is older by 2 years and Justin is younger by 3. Avant is quite the daredevil. I often compare him to a cat with nine lives, and boy is his guardian angel worn out! Driving a 4-wheeler off a train trestle, sinking a boat while offshore fishing, and falling down a huge waterfall are just a few of his misadventures. I will never forget this one day when we were younger, we were playing near a pond that had iced over and I slipped and fell in where it was very deep. Avant immediately jumped in and saved me and then took me back to Grams to get warmed up. Now Justin was always the sweet little one who did pretty much whatever we said, poor Justin! We all would spend the night with Grams in her little town home on Wilmington Island and play "kick the can" in the dark and sit on the kitchen counters while she made us toast with honey on it...OUR FAVORITE! We would build tree houses at the farm and play Boxcar Children(best children's book series ever FYI). Grams would get new baby chicks each year and let us each pick one to name. One year, she surprised us with baby ducks. They were soooo cute! Well, enough for now. I just though you all should know how thankful I am that God provided me with these two boys to grow up with. We sure did have fun! Thought you might enjoy a picture! Justin is on the left and Avant is on the right! This was at Avant's wedding. Trust me, these farm boys are NOT usually dressed like this.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment