Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Surprise Surprise!!

Today I went back to the doctor for another check and surprise, surprise still nothing going on at all! So with 17 days to go, it looks like we are in it for the long/short haul. :) After a day filled with mixed emotions, I went to a friends' baby shower tonight and while I was out, my absolutely amazing, kind, generous, caring, creative husband was preparing the most awesome surprise that I have had in a long long time. He turned our master closet in the cottage into a full fledged nursery!! He even went and found lavender curtains to make it like the lavender walls I have always dreamed of having. I literally burst into tears, and not just because of the crazy hormones rushing through my body, but because I have been blessed enough to marry a man who cares about the little things that he knows will brighten my day/month/year! I am just astounded that he could do all this 1)without me knowing at all and 2)in two short hours! It is so precious and makes it so much more real. I can't wait for our little girl to get to know her daddy. She has no idea the blessing that is waiting for her. He truly is a man that loves his family and wants the very best for us and I love him to the moon and back. 

1 comment:

  1. Gosh this just makes me smile! We so often forget how men love their babies too. What a marvelous and truly loving gift, Elizabeth.

    ReplyDelete