Monday, July 23, 2012

It's All About Dad!

The one thing I love most about having sons is watching them emulate their daddy! It seems right now that every single day their desire is to be "exactly like daddy!" It is so cute to see them transition into little men and copy cat almost every move Chris makes. I had to share some pics because lately it has been No Girls Allowed quite a bit around here.  I don't mind one bit because if their hearts turn out like their daddy's, I know they will be wonderful men who will make two lucky little ladies very happy.

We watched the Home Run Derby the other night and it inspired Grady to want to go out and hit some balls. Now if we could just make him understand that you don't do everything perfect every single time, we would be good to go. :) Davis took some hits too off the tee and practiced his catcher skills. It was hot, but they had fun. I only stopped by to snap a few shots and then hit the road for a nice quiet bike ride. It was a win, win kind of morning!

I had not been to the library since I was in college but since Grady will be heading to kindergarten and does love to read books with us, I figured it was time to get a library card again. We have been having so much fun reading new books each night and usually I do the reading at least with Grady but this night it just had to be dad. As you can see Grady thinks he is so big now that he even wears boxers and a white t-shirt "just like dad" to sleep in. Precious!

The boys had been hounding Chris to take them fishing so he used his Bass Pro gift card to get them little men fishing poles and away they went to the Gun Club on Saturday. Nothing was caught but memories were definitely made. Both of them had so much fun telling me all about fishing with Dad. 

 Last but not least, we both took the boys by our friend Ken's fire station on Saturday. We didn't tell them where we were going just that we had a surprise. When we pulled up, you would have thought it was Christmas! They loved "driving" the trucks and pretending to answer fire calls. Davis is convinced that is exactly what he wants to be when he grows up and I am A okay with that because I truly do believe firemen are unsung heroes of our cities. 

I am sure the boys will enjoy plenty more daddy time in the weeks to come while mom gets used to having a newborn again, but I know one thing for sure...they won't mind at all!!!!!

1 comment: