Sunday, January 22, 2012

Refreshed

I'm so excited! My friend Ashley over at Ashbee Designs is making me a new blog header! It will probably be up and running later this week. I figured the thin running version of me needed to hit the road since the second trimester kicks in this week and my doctor is adamantly against running while preggers. I honestly will enjoy the 9 month hiatus, and it gives me something to look forward to in September, fitness wise that is.
I wanted to share some thoughts with you from BSF (Bible Study Fellowship) this week. It is always really good but this week it was amazing! If you have never read 1 Thessalonians, you need to, TODAY! It is so encouraging on so many different levels. We are studying Acts this year, and it was so neat to study Paul's missionary journey and then read his letter to the Thessalonians. I never really understood the context of the book, but now it really makes sense. Paul was in Athens and was "greatly distressed to see that the city was full of idols."(Acts 17:16) Worried about the strength of his converts in Thessalonica, he sent Timothy back to check on them and see if their faith was standing strong under the "venomous hatred of the Thessalonian Jews." By the time Timothy returned, Paul had really reached a point of despair and loneliness. Just at that moment, God sent him the encouragement he needed with the report that the Thessalonian believers were "not only safe and well, but progressing in the Lord. Paul was refreshed, encouraged and ready to meet all troubles, knowing that in the Lord his labor was not in vain."(BSF notes) I love God's goodness and was reminded that just when we think we can't take another step, God will be there to show us His will for our lives if we are willing to listen!
Jesus loves me this I know...  :)

Untitled from Elizabeth Witherington on Vimeo.

No comments:

Post a Comment