Monday, January 30, 2012

Being Prepared for the Unexpected

This morning started out just as most of my Monday mornings do, at the Y. I was on the treadmill wishing 45 minutes would hurry up and pass and I decided I would read through my Judgement House script that I had in my purse. What's Judgement House you ask? Aaaahhh, I would be happy to tell you! It is a live performance that our church, Southside Baptist, puts on every other year that takes you on a journey allowing you to observe the choices that the characters make and the consequences of those choices. Ultimately, it shares the gospel and is a much needed reminder for those who know God but have just pushed him aside during this busy thing we all call life. Anyway, long story short, it is awesome and if you want to come, here is your personal invitation from me! I am a guide, so I walk groups through the performance, and let me tell you, it is absolutely amazing to see God at work through this event each time the church does it. Here is a link to the times on our church website. Judgment House - Southside Baptist
Now that you know all this, I can get on with my story. I was reading the script and got to some of my final lines that read like this, "We are never promised tomorrow, and it's more important than ever for you to know for sure, if you died tonight, where you would spend eternity." I have said these words now many times since this is I think the 4th Judgement House I have been blessed enough to be a part of, but I stopped just for a moment to think on them this morning. Over the past few years, I have seen more and more that God's plans are not always our plans and lives truly can drastically change in a day. I am so excited that I will get to share this message with people who are willing to come and listen and I know that the Lord will meet them exactly where they are, if they "open the door." Okay, so enough is enough right? Stop rambling already and get on with it! :)
After dropping Grady off at school this morning, Davis and I met Chris at JC Lewis Ford to look at a TANK Expedition EL for our growing family. Everything was going smoothly and the nice man had just started to hit us with all the numbers talk when all of a sudden it sounded like a bomb went off behind his office and the entire building shook. Everyone ran out of the building, a lady was screaming call 911, the men were running and looking for the service attendant whose office had just been completely driven into by an elderly lady. It truly was one of those moments where you were shaking and just thinking, Lord let everyone be okay. God saved a man named Tommie today. He was not in the office where he always sits at that exact moment that the accident happened! I don't know him but I hope he knows that God performed a miracle in his life today. As I drove away, my script from Judgement House was ringing in my ears. Somehow it didn't seem quite as cheesy or "over said" anymore. Somehow it seemed that it is exact truth! I am so thankful everyone was okay today but I am also thankful for an opportunity to share with all of you just how unexpected our days can be. Don't waste a minute of the precious time you have been given and make sure you know exactly where you stand with your Lord and Savior so that you will be ready no matter what!
Love to you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment