Sunday, January 29, 2012

Finding Out

Well, the new blog header is up and I think it is the perfect picture of our lives right now; crazy chaos but lots of fun. This was one of those weeks that I was just about ready to raise the white flag and surrender but as I dove into good ole James Dobson's "The Strong Willed Child," I was reminded that I can do this, and that God has chosen me to do this, and I need to continue to focus on the positives each and every day! With that said, I decided to think about something really exciting...finding out the sex of the baby!
I absolutely cannot wait to find out what the new baby will be. I can honestly say I will be really excited either way. I can think of so many positives, and even a few negatives, for both so I can't wait to see what God has planned for our family. Grady is determined that it's a boy, but his grandfathers sure are rooting for a girl. It will be so much fun to know. We have our boy name picked out but still have 3 or 4 contenders for the girl. Guess we will see if we have to make a final decision. This past week, I had an ultrasound and the baby was so precious; moving all around, waving, looking towards us and then looking away. The one thing I came away from it with is this.
God is in control and I am in love. 
No matter what may be, this is the baby God meant for us to have and I am just thankful beyond measure. I have recently been to a newborn funeral, and then just a week ago, heard of another newborn who is now in the arms of Jesus. I am humbled and thankful for everyday I have been given with my sons and am just praying this baby is healthy. Now more than ever, I will not take that gift for granted! Here is a profile pic of our peanut and in a few short weeks I will let you all know whether we will be stocking up on more blue or branching out to PURPLE (my favorite color)!

3 comments:

  1. Now that is one CUTE baby! Ummm, when do we get belly pictures? LOVE YOU!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE this. I read all your posts and this is my favorite!!!!

    ReplyDelete