Thursday, January 19, 2012

Live Out Loud

This year I am helping with the 3rd-5th grade choir at my church on Wednesday nights. Last "semester" the kids made banners for our Christmas day performance. I wish I had a picture because they turned out beautiful. We have some very talented kiddos at Southside. Anyway, all that to say, this semester, the ladies in charge came up with the theme Live Out Loud. Basically it is a "missions explosion" to help develop service minded children. The kids will be making lap blankets for area nursing homes and hospitals and knitting hats for patients at The Children's Hospital at Memorial to wear while going through chemotherapy.

They are also collecting:
1) Pop tops off of soda cans for our local Ronald McDonald house
2) Old ink cartridges and cell phones for Faith to Foster (a Christ centered organization intent on changing the way America does foster dare)
3) Box tops for education to benefit Juliet Low Elementary School

If you would like to start collecting any of these for us, please just shoot me an email (elizhope19@yahoo.com) and I would love to come collect them from you! I was so excited about the knitting because I used to crochet and knit when I was a little girl. This version uses a round loom and hook so it's a little easier and lots of fun. Mandi and I had fun modeling our hats on Wednesday night!
So blessed to be a part of a church that wants to help teach children to serve and love others instead of ourselves. It is the golden rule, right??
 Grady enjoyed trying the hat too! I pray that the precious one whose head it ends up on knows just how much our Lord loves them and  just how special they are!
Love to you all,

No comments:

Post a Comment