Friday, September 28, 2012

The House!

Well, today was the day...the CLOSING DAY!! I haven't really blogged about the house at all because I think I have just been so nervous to put it down on "paper" until it was all said and done. Truly God answered our prayers in ways we could have never imagined. We had looked at so many houses over the past few years, made offers on 3 and none of them amounted to anything. We kept praying and I fully admit most days I very impatiently waited to find a house that suited our family. Our goal when packing up the old house was to be out of the cottage by Oct 1st and when the middle of August got here and there were no prospects on the horizon, we started to think about unpacking the pods, getting out the crib, the winter clothes, etc and what a pain it would be, but that we would do what we had to do. Then literally out of the blue, a day after we had made an offer on another house, a friend of ours at church called and said she had a friend who was going to be selling their house at Dutch Island and thought we might should look at it. We quickly figured out that the offer was not going to go anywhere on the other house so we went to look at this one on a Sunday afternoon with our almost 3 week old. As soon as the front door opened, I just knew it was the one. I couldn't believe it because I had that very same feeling with our house in Bacon Park and I never thought I would experience that again. As we walked around, I was just amazed to see how well our family would "fit" in this house. When we got back in the car, tears came as I told Chris we had finally found our home. He completely agreed that it was the one. He met with the owner the very next day and they came to an agreement. I felt like such a weight had been lifted to know that the looking was over.  We move in next Monday October the 8th. I will be sure to share some pics then.
I have a little Pass It On note card that I bought from Lifeway a few months ago. I have really had to cling to it's message over the past few months. As I read it tonight, I am just in awe of how God has worked in all the small details of this entire situation. Not always are God's answers aligned with our desires, and in the times when they do not, our faith is surely tested but it is a time to grow in our relationship with Him. Tonight I am feeling grateful that this time was one of those where His answer was better than our desires and I'm just thanking Him.

Had to share a few of my favorites from today!


Here she is in her onesie Mimi made and her fancy Trumpet socks. Chris thought she looked so silly, but the boys thought she was "so cute." Had to have a pic so we would remember forever.



Then of course my hilarious little men came in to tell me goodnight and said they were nerds. Can they get those pants any higher?







Thanks so much for all those who were praying for us during all these transitions we have been through this summer. I can tell you whole-heartedly they have surely been answered.

No comments:

Post a Comment