Friday, September 14, 2012

Couch to 5K

Wow, I have to say for a girl who ran a 1/2 marathon 1 month before taking her surprise pregnancy test, that title is NOT music to my ears! I have an OB who truly believes in not running while you are pregnant, sooo, I was a good little patient but now it's time to get back to it! Last week, I started a couch to 5K program on my treadmill. So far so good. I just have to take it one day at a time and not get discouraged thinking about how easy 3 miles was for me just 10 short months ago! My time is so limited right now but this only takes 30 minutes, 3 days a week. If you are considering getting into running or getting back into it for that matter, I strongly suggest printing out a plan, checking off your accomplishments, and most of all sticking to it. It definitely gives you a boost of energy and a brighter outlook on the day. Wish me luck :)

2 comments:

  1. Saw you yesterday running in my neighborhood! Girl, you looked great, but hot! You can do it!! I'm impressed that you were out so early-RUN!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You will get back in shape in no time!! Hurry and do the Walt Disney World Marathon with me in January!!

    ReplyDelete