Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Summer time and the livin' is easy!

Oh how I do love that old song!! Summer is in full swing around here, and it is fun and exhausting all wrapped into one! Little boys are such a blessing BUT they have a TON of energy and without school in the mornings it is darn near impossible to wear them out! Davis has been having a really hard time sleeping so we have let him drop his nap. The hardest part about this is not having ANY break in my day. This would be hard for anyone keeping my constant motion boy, but it proves especially challenging for an almost 32 weeks pregnant woman. Grady dropped his nap about this same age, but would willingly stay in his room for 2 hours and "rest" while self-entertaining. Today, I attempted for them to "rest" 30 minutes together playing in one of their rooms and 30 minutes separate. Davis is just simply NOT a self-entertaining kiddo so the whole separate thing is proving to be very difficult for him. I am hoping that after a few weeks, I can actually enjoy the hour instead of standing guard in the hall like an old schoolmarm ready to swat whoever tries to escape. :) We are loving the cottage life and praying for God to show us our next step. Other than my half-human canine not being here and the lack of a dishwasher, we are truly in "Shangri-La."
Enjoying chocolate chip cookies in their new farm hats from Papa!
Now that school is out, the boys and I finally got to go up to the farm again and visit Mooma. The boys had a blast and were literally wallowing in the mud, every boys dream!
Started out calm enough..
 But quickly turned double dirty when water entered the picture! They loved it!!!

Gotta love 3 year old faces when told to smile!

I could just eat him up sometimes!
We have been to the Isle of Hope pool and had fun there too and today was really rainy so I did the unthinkable and took them to nasty Flying Frogs that they have been begging to enter for about a year now. I hope I tided them over for about another year. :) Anyway, hope you all are having a great week. In church Sunday, my preacher mentioned the Parable of the Sower in Mark chapter 4. I will leave you with these wonderful verses and hope that we can all fight against the thorns life will throw at us so that God's light in us is not choked out, but instead produces a crop fit for the King of Kings!
Mark 4:18-20 "Still others, like seed sown among thorns, hear the word; but the worries of this life, the deceitfulness of wealth and the desires for other things come in and choke the word, making it unfruitful. Others, like seed sown on good soil, hear the word, accept it, and produce a crop—some thirty, some sixty, some a hundred times what was sown.”

No comments:

Post a Comment