Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Denial

In my last post, I mentioned this little word denial. It means quite a bit to me right now as it is what I am currently living in! I went to the doctor last Tuesday and had an ultrasound. Those are always my favorite appointments. She is looking a lot like Davis' ultrasound pictures, but only measuring in the 42nd percentile which is much more like Grady. The tech said she doesn't look like she has much hair at all and seeing as how I was bald until about 18 months, I definitely wasn't surprised. Here is a picture of her smooshed little face that I got a peek at last week. I can't wait to kiss those little lips and cheeks!
My precious Sunday School class threw a baby shower for me and my friend who is also having a little girl. Oh, did i say is...I meant was. That's right, she had her baby Saturday, and granted she was a few weeks early and I am never early, still I need to get with it! I haven't washed ANYTHING or even began to disinfect all the gear that babies entail. I am determined to buckle down this week and get some prep done so at least I'm ready just in case the unexpected should happen. Now as for the denial, I think I will probably just remain that way until I'm holding her in my arms even if it does look like there is an alien moving around in my tummy! :)

1 comment: