Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Let the good times roll or maybe float a little!

Our new family fun...
 Now I know you've heard the old adage, "opposites attract." Well, Chris and I are about as opposite in most ways as night and day, but one thing that we both LOVE is boating! We feel very blessed to have been given the opportunity to get this boat. It will be something that we look forward to enjoying as a family for years to come.
 Grady is excited about learning more about fishing and Chris  makes for one cute captain if you ask me!

I don't have very many pictures of me with both boys and I just love this one. Whenever I am on the water or look out onto it, I feel like I can see a glimpse of God sparkling on the top of the waves. It reminds me of just how great our Father is!

On Sunday, we went to early service and Sunday school which were both GREAT! I don't know if I have ever mentioned on here before that I go to Southside Baptist Church and I am in awe right now over the "mini revival"that is going on and boy is it exciting! Do you ever just have a Sunday where both church and Sunday school seem to flow together perfectly and you can tell God is trying to get a message across to you? Well, I do and this was one of them! For those of you who know me, you know I struggle with a hot temper and wanting truth and justice at all costs, even at the cost of anger. Well, Dr. Bosson preached on the book of 1 John chapter 3 and focussed on how to love as a Christian. He said  that we are to love one another with an "agape love" which is never ending and not based on any obligations. It is a love that loves no matter what! This is the kind of love that the Lord has for us. He also said that if we claim to be Christians, then we should be able to love our enemies and believe that Satan has a hold on them and that by the grace of God we are not in their shoes. Wow, this one really hits home for me! He also pointed out verse 15, "Anyone who hates his brother is a murderer, and you know that no murderer has eternal life in him." He said it basically boils down to where your focus is? Is it on self or is it on the Lord? Verse 16 says, "This is how we know what love is: Jesus Christ laid down his life for us. And we ought to lay down our lives for our brothers." In Sunday school, my teacher covered Matthew 18. We discussed how Peter asked ""Lord, how many times shall I forgive my brother when he sins against me? Up to seven times?”  Jesus answered, I do not say to you, up to seven times, but up to seventy times seven.""(verses 21&22) That's 490 times! My teacher said, "Can you imagine forgiving someone 490 times for the same offense?" That is what Christ does for us if we offer up true repentance. This of course goes right along with humbling ourselves to truly love one another the way God intends for us to. As the week goes on, lets try and look at others through God's eyes and treat them truly the way we would want to be treated. Boy is this hard, but if we all try a little harder each day that will go a long long way! 

No comments:

Post a Comment