Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Eternal Value

Hey there! Had to share this tidbit. In my Jesus Calling devotional yesterday this is what i found.
"The desire to act independently-apart from God-springs from the root of pride. Self-sufficiency is subtle, insinuating its way into your thoughts and actions without your realizing it. But aprart from God, you can do nothing: that is, nothing of eternal value."
I have heard the verse John 15:5 many times.
"I am the vine; you are the branches. If a man remains in me and I in him, he will bear much fruit; apart from me you can do nothing."
But I have always been left to wonder about the many people not only that I know but that I see on TV, read about or hear about, who seem to be quite accomplished yet do not profess faith in Jesus Christ. And then I read it..."nothing of eternal value." Aha, I get it! It's one of those duh moments but man was it a good one. Sure they are accomplished by worldly standards but that means nothing when it comes to eternal standards. Nice to have yet another reminder that God is looking at the inside, not the outside!
It has been such a fun week so far. 
Chris left last Thursday to head to China and on Monday, the boys and I headed to the airport to pick him up. It was their first trip to the airport so they were pretty excited. Of course the escalators were the thrill of it all though. Gotta love the Savannah airport. :) Here they are waiting on him with their signs.








Then, Grady started Pre-K Tuesday and Davis started in the 2 year old class today. These are such milestones but both were more than ready. They had a blast.

Love that smirk! So Grady. He wanted Hope on his bookbag so Mimi came to the rescue.

Allie, Grady, Elliot, Wyatt, Davis on the first day of school


Grady at his cubby and posing with Mrs. Powers (Leigh). She is like daddy's big sister so we couldn't be happier that Grady gets to have her as a teacher!


Cute little man on his first day. He picked the tractor bookbag which is no surprise since John Deere is his favorite thing right now.

 The little nuts told me it was freezing. Of course it was only 72 degrees! I made them take them off before we walked in. :)

Great Memories! Hope you enjoy the rest of your week. Only two days left and then the weekend! We are so excited to spend the weekend with daddy. We missed him!!

No comments:

Post a Comment