Monday, November 28, 2011

Grady bug


Tonight I felt like taking the time to do a special little post for my Grady man. Davis will get one too of course, but I figure oldest comes first so here we go!
Grady Alan Witherington
I cannot believe he will be FIVE in January. Wow, time has flown. He honestly seems like he is about 20 years old most days, so it catches me off guard when he randomly, in such antagonistic lovely ways, reminds me that he really is only four. He loves preschool and seems to be doing great on all his little worksheets he brings home. Now if he could just learn to sit still and not always try to be the star of the show, we will be set. :) God bless him because I think he basically got a double dose of mine and Chris’ perfectionist, driven to succeed personalities, but so far he seems to be dealing with it A okay.  He enjoyed playing soccer this Fall and although he was not very skilled yet, he hustled more than anyone on the team, which makes this mama very proud. His coach actually took the time to point him out to the entire team and say, “Everyone look at Grady. Now that is what hustling looks like.” Grady was really hoping to score a goal and he came real close in one game and proudly yelled to us, “Mom, Dad, I almost scored a goal!” What an awesome moment of innocence.
The "almost" goal
He also has gotten really into art lately which I LOVE because crafty stuff is so fun for me. We have done some paper chains, modeling clay animals and Halloween crafts together in the afternoons while Davis is asleep. Here is our October creation Popeye the Sailor Pumpkin (as Grady named him).
He drew a self-portrait during rest time the other day and I literally thought I was going to fall on the floor when he explained it. Let's just say he got into the anatomy of things and I was trying so hard not to laugh because he was so proud but seriously, these are the moments that make having kids worth every single second. He has learned to start his bike on his own now so he is officially a 2-wheel bike rider. I took him to Lake Mayer about a month ago and ran while he biked. We had a great time except he kept wanting to race and I thought I might pass out. He did 3 miles in 36 minutes. Not bad for a 4 3/4 year old! I drove on his first field trip a few weeks ago. They went to Marshview Nursing Home and sang some precious Halloween songs. It was fun to get to see him interact with his school friends and they were all adorable in their costumes. I am looking forward to many more field trips, art projects, soccer games and whatever else he decides he wants to learn or take interest in. Tonight I am just thankful for him and exactly who he is.
Please lift up Dr. Melissa Behm and her family in your prayers today. Her baby Thomas went to be with the Lord tonight and I know God will use every tear and every bit of hurt for His glory, but just remember to cherish the moments we have here together. We all need that reminder every day!

No comments:

Post a Comment