Wednesday, November 30, 2011

A camping we will go...

A few weeks ago, we took the boys on their first camping trip. Thank goodness for mommy's sake, it was "cabin" camping and not the good ole fashioned tent kind. :) The company my dad works for owns a huge tract of land down near Midway so we all packed up (the entire house it seemed) and headed down for one night of fun! First let me show you what this place looks like!
This tree house is like an outdoor living room overlooking the lake
This is the pavilion near the outdoor kitchen
These are the cabins where we all slept
My mom and Dad, our friend Ken and his two daughters, and our friends Russ and Mandy and their two kids joined us for the adventure. When we got there Friday night, it was already dark but mom and dad had gone early and gotten everything setup for us. We grilled out hamburgers and got settled in. We were able to watch a Cars 2 like this...
Is that fun or what?? "Cold as a witches titty in a brass bra"(as my dad says), but really fun! Then we built a bonfire and roasted marshmallows, my favorite!!





Me and my mommy


Please note Davis on top of the table shaking his hiney! Absolutely hilarious!!
Grady was not so crazy about the roasted marshmallows
I sure do love my daddy even if he can be a grumpy old man sometimes :)
We stayed up way too late and got up way to early but it was a lot of fun. Next morning, after we had a little coffee (Mr. Pib for Chris of course) and grub we headed off on 5 four wheelers and one mule. It was absolutely awesome! I could have ridden all day. We ate a delicious country cookin' lunch at Dorchester Hunting Club and then headed back to pack up.  Thank you Daddy for a trip filled with memories to last forever.
Davis eating his "cereeor" and yes that is a garbage bag being used as a bib :)



In ground trampoline...does it get any cooler??
We rode our four wheelers to the bluff and this was the breathtaking view

I look like a complete nut but had to let you see! Somehow dirt still got in my eyes, how I don't know!
The clowns!
Ken's precious girls at lunch
Davis with some of his favorite things; a lovey, his Papa, and a four wheeler  





No comments:

Post a Comment