Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Summer Blues

Boy oh boy am I ready for Fall. I am experiencing some major writer's block these days! Haven't forgotten about the blog just can't seem to get my brain to focus long enough to write. :) I have realized that I love the first month of Summer and then slowly I start getting a little blue. I thrive on routine and Summer is the opposite of routine. Now don't get me wrong, I love vacations, lunches a the pool, backyard fun with my boys, but for whatever reason, it seems that I function much better with a set routine. The boys start back to school the week of Labor Day. Grady will go every day 9-12 and Davis will just go Wednesday and Friday mornings. Bible Study Fellowship starts in the middle of September and our Wednesday night church activities kickoff next week. Lots and lots of fun "routine" things ahead! Yay!!
Here are a few pics I took of the boys yesterday. We had "Dirt Day" as Grady called it and it was precious to watch them just enjoy being dirty little boys.


Also, I emailed a lot of people but wanted to get this on my blog too for all you readers who live in Savannah, GA.

I received an email last night and it was a press release from Savannah’s Second Harvest Food Bank. Here is an excerpt:
Currently the food bank is operating with 85% less in food donations and the shelves are bare. According to Mary Jane Crouch, executive director of America's Second Harvest, “We are truly worried that we will not have enough food to support our initiatives to relieve childhood hunger as we go into the new school year. Our community is always amazing in responding to the needs of others and we really need help right now to stock the shelves.””
I will be making a delivery of canned goods to Second Harvest on Monday August 29th. I know everyone is extremely busy with school starting but if you want to help out, you can just email me (elizhope19@yahoo.com) and I will be more than happy to pick them up from your house or you can contact me for my address and drop them off at my house. I assure you they will get delivered.
Thanks so much for your help on this!

The food bank needs donations of non-perishable foods: (especially)
*    peanut butter
*    beef stew
*    canned soups
*    canned meat such as tuna, salmon, chicken, ham
*    canned beef-a-roni and ravioli
*    canned veggies such as corn, beans, and peas

I am really hoping to be able to post some more soon. I have almost completed my Summer reading which quite honestly is mind boggling because I do NOT read! I have already read 4 books and am in the middle of 2 more. Craziness I tell ya! (at least for me it is) God is really showing me a lot about myself this Summer, a lot of which I do NOT like, but hopefully it will all come together in my mind soon and I can share. 
Hope everyone has a great rest of the week!
Don't forget to email me if you would like to participate in the food drive.
Love in Christ,

No comments:

Post a Comment