Tuesday, August 28, 2012

3 Weeks Already???

Where has the time gone? Oh yeah...that's right.. to holding and feeding and changing a newborn! :) Boy did I forget how time consuming tiny ones are. I will have to say though, she is the best night time baby I've ever had, so sleep definitely makes everything a little better. She sleeps from about 10-4, eats and then goes back to sleep till some time between 7 and 8. Wow, wow and thank you, thank you little Gwynnie! Now during the day, it's a whole 'nother story! Somehow she must have gotten some crazy memo about being a "princess" in this boy world and let me just say that is a NO No around here. She loves to be held and if you don't hold her every single second she is awake and not eating then you will hear about it! She definitely has her daddy's eyes and lips and seems to have her mama's nose and cheeks. Despite her nickname of Miss Fussypants, she really is a precious baby! At her 2 week checkup last week, she was already back at her 8.9 lb birth weight and seems to be getting bigger by the minute! Her belly button cord finally fell off on Sunday so she got her first real bath last night and actually seemed to love being in the warm water, well at least until daddy started to bathe her. We've been so blessed with meals from sweet friends, and it is giving me the time I need to get adjusted to my new time table, which for right now does not have enough minutes in the day. I think the biggest adjustment for me has been feeling like I have no energy and just never getting anything accomplished. For example, no thank you notes have been written, not much walking has been done on that treadmill my sweet hubs got me, clothes need to be hung up, dishes need to be washed, my patience with the boys seems to be at negative 10, I have zero time to spend time with my husband, and most nights I crawl into bed having just taken my shower for the day about ten minutes before. These are things that were foreign to me just three short weeks ago. I am using my time during the middle of the night feeding to pray and read The Story, a novel version of the Bible. It really is the only quiet time I get right now and boy do I need the encouragement. I am trying to recharge during this time as I look at my sweet little baby's eyes and thank God for all the blessings He has poured on my family. I know He will give me just the strength that I need, and I pray that I will learn more and more each day to handle life's circumstances as He would have me to with grace, peace and love!!
Titus 3:1-8 teaches about Godly living. Our youth pastor preached on this a few Sundays ago and I surely need this reminder everyday!
"Remind the people to be subject to rulers and authorities, to be obedient, to be ready to do whatever is good, to slander no one, to be peaceable and considerate, and always to be gentle toward everyone.  At one time we too were foolish, disobedient, deceived and enslaved by all kinds of passions and pleasures. We lived in malice and envy, being hated and hating one another.  But when the kindness and love of God our Savior appeared, he saved us, not because of righteous things we had done, but because of his mercy. He saved us through the washing of rebirth and renewal by the Holy Spirit,  whom he poured out on us generously through Jesus Christ our Savior,  so that, having been justified by his grace, we might become heirs having the hope of eternal life. This is a trustworthy saying. And I want you to stress these things, so that those who have trusted in God may be careful to devote themselves to doing what is good. These things are excellent and profitable for everyone."
 First real bath!!
Big brother trying out the Baby Bjorn

Piggy toes PJs
Happy 3 week old birthday!

1 comment:

  1. Holler at me if you need a break or to go to walmart (see, even that looks good on some days)- I am just a couple of streets away and happy to take a kid or two for a bit. 354-0386, 346-3980

    ReplyDelete