Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Perseverance


In my first post, I mentioned a “glass house.” Now I’m not sure about any of you, but growing up I definitely did not have the perfect life, but in my own mind, things were pretty darn close. I think as we get older and “wiser, we start to realize that life really is NOT fair. Having a 4 year old, I find myself screaming saying that line quite a bit, but it’s nice to actually be able to empathize. Now when we have this realization about the actual fairness of life, we can do one of two things. We can turn towards God or we can turn towards ourselves. When we turn towards ourselves, suddenly life seems a bit unbearable, overwhelming and downright depressing. What I have realized though is that, when we wake up each day and choose to turn towards God, we begin to see that life is about way more than just us. God created us for His Glory and did not promise a trouble free journey. 2 Corinthians 4:8-10 says, “We are hard pressed on every side, but not crushed; perplexed, but not in despair; persecuted, but not abandoned; struck down, but not destroyed. We always carry around in our body the death of Jesus, so that the life of Jesus may also be revealed in our body.” You see, we are to reveal Jesus to those around us every single day no matter what the circumstance. My absolute favorite verse is 2 Corin 4:16-18, “Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day.  For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all.  So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen, since what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal. “
So I choose to PERSEVERE and keep on striving toward His Point!
I took my boys out to my Aunt and Uncle’s farm yesterday to ride horses and boy did they have fun, especially “Cowboy Grady,” as he called himself. My Uncle is one of my favorite men in the world.  I am the only girl on my mom’s side of the family, so he and I have just always seemed to have a special bond. He is in the fight of his life with kidney cancer. He is doing really well right now, but prayers are greatly appreciated!
Have a great day!
Love,
Elizabeth

No comments:

Post a Comment